Play by Sephora: October 2016 Review



Play by Sephora -- October 2016 

I recently got off the waiting list for Play by Sephora, Sephora's own monthly subscription service. With this service, you pay $10 a month and receive five deluxe product samples and a perfume sample. You create a mini-profile where you detail your skin type and interests, so there is some variation in products from box to box each month. Here is my review of the October box, and the products I received! Read til the end to see if I think it's worth it. 



Mon Paris by Yves Saint Laurent 

I will start with this perfume sample. I don't know if the perfume samples also vary, but in any case, I received a sample of Mon Paris by Yves Saint Laurent. I was a little hesitant about this scent at first, but the more I have worn it, the more I like it. It is a great fall scent, and is comforting while being a bit spicy and sultry. 

Full size value: $92
Sample value: $2


Flash Photo Gloss by the Estée Edit

This gloss is a simple, clear gloss, and I've enjoyed using it a few times. I love sample sizes of lip products, since it always takes me forever to go through the whole thing. This sample has a nice doe foot applicator, and is easy to use. The lip gloss itself provides a nice, natural sheen, and isn't too glossy, which I like. However, that doesn't stick with the high-shine promised by the product. It isn't sticky at all, but it doesn't last very long on my lips. I don't think I'd purchase a full size, though I definitely will enjoy this sample.

Full size value: $20
Sample value: $7


Skin Dew Hydrating Essence Mist & Setting Spray by Farmacy

I love mists like this, mostly to use as toners, rather than setting sprays. This mist is very moisturizing and leaves my skin glowing. It smells slightly herbal, and is very relaxing to apply. It hasn't bothered my sensitive skin at all! I would definitely consider purchasing a full size of this product to use as a toner at night. My one complaint is the spray on my sample bottle kind of sucks and spritz a line of product right at your face, but I can get around that (and I'd expect the full size packaging to be better haha).

Full size value: $44
Sample value: $8


Regenerating Mask with Rare Prickly Pear Seed Oil by Christophe Robin

I have to admit that I haven't had the chance to try this out. Every time I go to shower, I forget this in my room! But once it gets colder, I'm sure my hair will appreciate this moisturizing hair mask. And this is quite a nice sample size, so I'm pleased with that. If you have tried this product before, let me know what you think!

Full size value: $71
Sample  value: $14


Bamboo Crème Frappée Skin Reviving Fresh Gel by Erborian

Well, you all know how much I love Korean skincare, so I was quite excited to see this in the box. I've used it a few times, and it is very moisturizing while being a lovely gel consistency. It sinks into my skin very quickly, and is a great daytime moisturizer that doesn't leave me greasy at the end of the day while still hydrating my skin. It also hasn't broken me out or caused a reaction on my sensitive skin! I'm a fan.

Full size value: $43
Sample value: $4


Always on Liquid Lip in Drivers Seat by Smashbox

I have to admit I am guessing on the shade, because I lost the little insert that came with the box before writing this post. Either way, this color pulls to a warm brown on me, which I often find warm pinks tend to do for some reason? I really like this color anyways, and the formula is ok. It is a little drying for my taste, but as long as I put on a lip balm underneath, it is perfectly wearable.

Full size value: $24
Sample value: ~$7

Overall, I was really happy with this month's box! There was a good balance of my favorite sorts of products-- skin care and lip products. The total value is also pretty good, coming in at $42, greatly exceeding what you pay for the box. Sephora carries quality brands, which makes me feel confident in receiving deluxe samples from them, since I know the products will be of a pretty good quality. I'd definitely recommend subscribing to Play by Sephora, or applying to the waitlist if you can't subscribe at the moment!





CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top