Target September Beauty Box First Impressions and Review


I recently decided to go for the Target September Beauty Box, since I thought the products looked really interesting and useful this month (cough cough Laneige cough cough). I haven't used all of them yet, but I'll share my thoughts on the ones I have used, and how I think the other products might work for me!




I haven't actually worn this mascara for a full day, but I tried it out for a little while. This definitely adds volume to your lashes, but I found it to be rather clumpy, and not in the best way. I might use it in the future, when I'm going for a more bold look. I do prefer more lengthening/volumizing mascaras that aren't as clumpy so this isn't my fave. Still not a complete let down-- I can always use another mascara, just in case!




So you guys know I'm all about affordable skin care, and I've always wanted to try Laneige, but their products are sliightly too pricey for me to purchase on a daily basis (esp as a broke college student). So I was super pumped that this was included in the box! This is a great deluxe sample, and it is filled all the way to the brim, which I was surprised to see.


I have used this cream a few times as a nighttime moisturizer, and I really like it so far! You only need a little to cover your whole face (so I can see this sample lasting me a long time), and it is super moisturizing. I love the gel texture too, it is really different from other moisturizers, and very soothing and calming to apply.



Since I have dry skin, I wouldn't use this on my whole face because pore cleansers are usually pretty drying cause they are trying to get all that junk out of your face. I have used this a few times on my nose though, where my pores can get a lil gunky. This has really cleansed my pores, and they are very clean after using this product. However, it hasn't had a lasting effect, though that is probably because I use it pretty infrequently. Hopefully I can get in the habit of using it more often, and possibly see a result!



I couldn't find the cocoa lip balm on Target's website, but I linked to a bundle where you can get it! This lip balm is super moisturizing, and I love that it is made with both organic and fair trade ingredients. I use this at night to moisturize my lips before bed, since it doesn't have an spf in it.




I haven't actually used this little sample yet, but I've heard good things about OGX products, so I'm excited to try it! I think I might save it for when I'm traveling this fall, since I tend to forget or lose travel size shampoo/conditioners. If you have used this product before, let me know what you think in the comments below!



While this was supposed to be a nude lipstick, I'll admit I'm not mad at this deep plum color. It is much brighter swatched than it looks in this picture, and comes out a nice deep, purple-y berry shade. I'm really excited to start rocking this once it turns more fall-esque, but right now it remains humid and hot where I am, so I have a little more waiting to do.

So, those are all my thoughts on the September Beauty Box from Target! I am pretty satisfied, and I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled for when the future boxes come out. If you received this month's box form Target, let me know what you think!













CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top