Sample Mini Reviews: Burt's Bees, Glamglow, and Dr. Jart+


This time I am reviewing Glamglow’s Thirstycleanser, Burt’s Bees Renewal Intensive Firming Serum, and Dr. Jart+’s UV Sun Fluid. Let’s get started!

Glamglow Thirstycleanse

I received this little sample in a Sephora order awhile ago, and I’ve put off trying it until now. The packaging is so cute, and I’ve heard a lot of good things about Glamglow, especially about their masks! However, I did not have a good experience with this product.
This is a daily hydrating face wash, in a mud to foam formula. When you squeeze a bit out, it smells AMAZING! Like a delicious coconut-vanilla blend. However, that is where the goodness ends for me. I used this for three nights. The first night was fine, but on the second and third nights I began to notice a grittiness remaining on my face. This wash has small particles in it, part of the mud, I would guess, and these really irritated and stuck to my skin, which is odd, since I have used physical exfoliants before and they don’t bother me too much. So I noticed this grittiness, and then the next day I woke up with extremely dry, flaky skin. The skin around my chin and nose had a very odd bumpy texture as well. There goes the hydrating aspect of this cleanser.. It took me four days to get my skin back to normal again.



Also, I did not notice any foaming. Even with water, the foaming action was very minimal (I couldn’t even get it to foam for a picture). I have read a few reviews where people had a similar experience, so at least I’m not alone. While I’m not a fan of this product, I’d really like to try some of Glamglow’s masks! If you guys have any favorites, send em over!


Now, on the other hand, I’m a big fan of this stuff, and I have a lot less to say about it, haha. 
My skin is rather sensitive when it comes to sunscreens. Most make my face burn, either when I put it on, or when I sweat. And a lot just look really greasy and disgusting. But this absorbs into your skin very quickly, and doesn’t leave a greasy sheen on your face.


I wore this to an afternoon baseball game, and I definitely did my fair share of sweating, and nothing burned or irritated my face. And I didn’t get sunburnt, which is always a plus, since I burn VERY easily. I am interested in buying a full size of this, especially because a little really does go a long way. It has a beautiful watery texture, and spreads really easily.
Or I might just look for some dupes… 


I will admit that I am not quite old enough to need to be using firming or anti-wrinkle products, but I suppose you can never start too young! I only used this serum for a few days because the packaging absorbed a lot of the product after I opened it, and just got kind of gross. I wish they would package this in plastic, but Burt’s Bees is very natural and environmentally conscious, and using paper is better for the environment. Which is great! It was just sad to see this disappear so quickly. :(


Either way, here are my minimal thoughts on this product- 
It is a very milky substance, as you can see in the image above. It goes on smoothly, though it takes a little while to absorb into the skin. You can’t feel it working, like some other products. It has a beautiful, natural smell, and didn’t irritate my skin very much. The first night I used it, it did burn a little, but that went away after the first night.
I didn’t notice any miracle results, but I think my cheeks were a little firmer. Using this for a prolonged period would probably be very helpful. I have read many reviews of people raving about this product. Maybe when I’ll have to check it out when I’m a bit older (or maybe my mom might like it!).
I hope you all enjoyed this little sample review! I hope to do more like this, since I have so many samples. Hopefully I can get one up every two weeks or so. Until my next review… 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top