August/September Beauty Haul: Boscia, NYX, Caudalie and More!


Over the past few months, I've gotten a few new beauty products that I wanted to share with you all! I will share my brief thoughts, as well as a few more pictures. Please bear with me with the changing picture settings.. I've just moved back to school and there isn't the best location to shoot in, but I'll figure it out soon enough.

First, I gotta say, T.J. Maxx has some unexpected deals on beauty items. They have a wide selection of skincare, with both well-known brands and those you've never heard of before. I had a hard time restraining myself while I was there, and grabbed a few lotions from Korres (so cheap, and not pictured, sorry!), a Boscia Cool Blue Hydration Essence, and a Marula Treatment Oil from a brand called Pearlessence. I also got a Batiste dry shampoo for like $5 so it was a great shopping trip, haha. 

The Boscia Cool Blue Hydration Essence is very lightweight, and sinks into the skin very quickly, which I really appreciate. This is a great product for someone with oily skin, as it provides the necessary hydration your skin needs, without sitting on top of the skin and adding more oils to it. Since I have more dry skin, I like to use this under my moisturizer to provide that extra layer of moisture that my skin needs throughout the day. I can see myself continuing to enjoy this product as long as I have it!

I also grabbed a Marula Treatment Oil from Pearlessence, which it just one of those random brands you find at places like T.J. Maxx. This oil has a mix of soybean and marula oil, so it is not 100% pure, which I don't really mind, since soybean oil has skin benefits as well, and is very soothing to the skin. I have used this oil both in my hair and on my face, and I've enjoyed both of these uses. I will occasionally put this in my hair when it needs that extra boost of moisture, and after it dries, it is very soft and moisturized. I also use this on my face in between moisturizers (moisturizer-oil-moisturizer) at night when my skin is feeling extra dry. I think this oil will be especially useful during the winter months, when my skin gets quite dry!



Now for items from various sources-

I got a Caudalie Vinosource Créme Sorbet Hydratante (Moisturizing Sorbet) at Nordstrom Rack (of all places!). I love love love this cream, and it will be super useful during the winter months! It is so moisturizing, and you only need a small amount to completely moisturize your face. I use this at night as the last moisturizer I apply to my face, and I always wake up with my face feeling moisturized and soft. This cream also calms my skin and is very soothing to apply.


I've been wanting to try Cosrx's AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner for so long, and I finally went for it recently. While the packaging on my product was a dud (the spray function doesn't work), I decanted it into a smaller spray bottle I have around, and WOW. I love this toner so much! I was worried it might be too strong for my sensitive skin, but it exfoliates to gently and doesn't bother my skin at all! This toner immediately softens my skin, and is great for exfoliating away the frustrating dry patches around pimples. I really love this product.. Cosrx has continued to impress.



One of my friends was cleansing her makeup collection, and offered me a Sephora Collection Luster Matte lip color in the shade Fig. I quickly grabbed it up since I love matte lip colors. This is a nude-y pink, and will look quite nice for fall and winter. However, this doesn't dry down to a complete matte finish for me. It does appear matte on the lips, but still transfer a bit and has a satin finish. However, it isn't drying at all and wears pretty nicely (maybe for 3~4 hours depending on what you eat/drink). I don't think I will purchase any more of these, since I am more interested in trying their Cream Lip Stains, that actually dry down matte.

I got a few Nyx products to add to my collection as well. I grabbed another Soft Matte Lip Cream in the shade Prague, which is a beautiful, bright berry shade -- perfect for fall! I also got a Butter Gloss in the shade Crème Brûlée. The butter gloss is perfect for everyday wear, and adds a nice light pink tint to my lips, which I love. It isn't too sticky either, which I really appreciate. 

I have also been really excited to try out the L'Oreal Pure Clay Masks. I bought the Exfoliate and Refine Pores mask first, and I've really enjoyed my few uses, especially for a drugstore mask. This masks exfoliates really gently and doesn't irritate my skin very much. My skin feels soft and supple after I use this mask. I am really excited to try the Detox and Brighten mask, though I think I'll skip over the Mattifying one since I am not very oily.


Lastly, another hair product, and brush! My thick and curly hair has been feeling rather dry lately, so I decided to step up my game a bit. SheaMoisture has a reputation for being amazingly moisturizing and great for all types of curly hair, so I decided to give it a try. This Curl and Style Milk is absolutely lovely! It smells amazing, and moisturizers and conditions my curls so that they look beautiful after my hair dries. I love touching my hair after using this product, since it is just so soft! I'll definitely be looking into their other products in the future.. 

I also grabbed a powder brush from e.l.f, because I was getting sick of the powder puff that comes with the Innisfree No Blur Sebum Powder. I've been loving this brush so far.

And that's it for my haul! I hope my thoughts prove helpful, and feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts if you've tried these products before, or if you have suggestions for products I should try! Thank you for reading.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top